Labor Day is a time to step back and celebrate the work you do to raise the quality of life in your community. No matter your role or responsibilities each day, you put your head, heart, hands (and future!) into what you do.
Today salutes you, and keeping that in mind, we wanted to salute some of the safest workplaces in America. These are companies that are committed to safety excellence, and they deserve to be celebrated today, too, for all they do to support the health and safety of their workers.
The following list of companies that display safety excellence is from EHS Today’s America’s Safest Company Awards (2016). These companies have many Safety Heroes in them.
American Bridge Company
- Coraopolis, PA
- Heavy Civil – Bridge/Marine/Steel/Concrete
- 550 employees /15 Sites 10 EHS professionals
Club Car LLC
- Evans, GA
- Transportation Equipment – Golf, Utility & Recreational Vehicles
- 1,000 employees 10 sites/4 EHS professionals
- Charlotte, NC
- 3,435 employees 36 sites/14 EHS Professionals
Hunter Site Services
- Deer Park, TX
- Construction Project Management
- 40 employees 2 job sites/2 EHS professionals
Leprino Foods Company
- Denver, CO
- Manufacturing – Cheese and Whey Products
- 4,200 Employees/10 Sites 14 Safety, 5 Environmental Professionals
- Cleveland, OH
- Engineering, Architectural and Management Services
- 550 employees/8 Work Sites 9 EHS professionals
Ryan Incorporated Central
- Janesville, WI
- Mass Grading and Excavation
- 500 employees Offices – Multiple Project Sites 2 EHS professionals
- Odessa, TX
- Oil and Gas – Upstream and Midstream, Refineries, Manufacturing, Power & Mining, Gas Processing
- 2,633 employees/ 31 EHS professionals 1 corporate office – 10 branch offices; 50+ sites
South Dakota Wheat Growers
- Aberdeen, SD
- 600 employees – 40 sites/5 EHS Professionals
South Texas Project Nuclear Operating Company
- Wadsworth, TX
- Commercial & Industrial
- 1,100+ employees 1 site/3 EHS Professionals
The superpower behind these organizations:
The superpower we continually hear when interviewing our Safety Heroes is communication. The right communication motivates everyone in the workplace to take a proactive role in ensuring safety. This promotes transparency, teamwork and collaboration, supports the right behaviors to gather feedback and input from workers along the way.
Drive a More Engaged Workforce
iReportSource is the ONLY integrated digital workspace that allows you to manage workers’ comp and safety to lower cost and improve outcomes. Designed to help support behavior-based safety practices, iReport enables users to:
- Avoid complacency and manage risk – Reinforce behavior-based safety practices and stay OSHA compliant by providing an easy way to do safety audits, site inspections, and more.
- Improve outcomes – Easy access to data and reporting to reduce incidents and provide a safer workplace.
- Effortless incident workflow – Complete the FROI immediately onsite and manage the workflow with your team collaboratively to reduce time handling incident reporting.